2015/03/12

Sylph evolution patch

I was looking forward to this patch, since it listed some nice additions to the game. However, when it went live, I was very disappointed.

Purgatory maze. At first try, I got to level 16. The total loot I acquired included some gold, crystalloids, legendary stones (these items represent no value), and some lvl 1 crystals and crystal shards (totalling 320 crystal shard, worth 320 x 0,15 = 48 balens). So yes, I spent 150 bound balens on the purgatory keys, and I got a grand loot of 48 balens value in exchange. That was my last run until they change the loot.

Mythic sylph evolution. Emma's post on R2 forum promised that we get the evolution components from purgatory maze - but as you see, those items don't drop. I understand why: because they also put up a 1000 USD recharge promotion, where you can get those components - if you cough up this „little” sum. Do not do the recharge, these items will be available in the game!
Also I dare to bet that the divinity stones - required for Hades and Apollo mythic evolution - will be real hard to get. So again, Hercules will evolve months earlier, and for free (cheers to knights and archers :)).
If the evolution being impossible wouldn't be enough, advanced sepulcrum and mahra is not available in the game either. Like with the new pvp medal, they add something to the game without the resources to improve it.

Guild beast. Sounded like fun at first. But there are 2 huge problems with this „guild world boss”. First, it takes approx. 20 minute each day to kill. We keep complaining since a long time that the game already requies too much time, why increase it even further? Something should have been removed (like the infamous Atoll Boss) to give us time to do this. The second problem is even more serious. Instead of giving equal loot to all participants (or at least share depending on damage, like world boss), they set up a rank and give rewards based on those. Creating competition and envy among the guild members ranks is NOT a good idea, it's bad for the morale.

Legendary talents. I did not understand in the first place why they added completely useless new skills with advanced level. Now they top it up with completely useless talents as well? In a mere 5 minutes, I could come up with much better ideas. Just ask the players what they want. Add a talent which allows us to blitz tanks, mpds, talents which allow us to exchange soul crystals, dragon souls and other crap into something useful... I would even love a talent which lets flash display a green triangle instead of each mount, and a red circle instead of each sylph, to reduce lag.

New astral. A new astral is always nice, as long as we get a new astral slot as well. I don't know where you put this, guys, but I have no room for it - except if I replace my crit astral. Just a few words here about crit and penetration / block. Improving your crit beyond a certain level does not help you much, so the real value here is penetration. Penetration is supposed to reduce the opponent's block by 1:1. So 2000 penetration means your opponent has 2000 less block. This sounds good, but don't forget, block reaches it's max effect somewhere at 8-9k. So once everyone runs around with this new astral, you just have to increase your block by 2k to counter it completely. You can do that just by converting 2-3 mdef/pdef gems.

Silent nerfs. Each patch there are some „silent nerfs”. Unannounced changes which are usually bad for us :( Someone already posted on the forum that the good luck charm's insignia price have been increased from 150 to 3000! Another blunder, the correct price should be 1500. Other people complain that crit chance have been decreased. This is quite possible, they added an astral with +2k crit, and since crit has a cap, the only way to make it useful is decrease crit chance... But I will verify this during WB, even Wartune developers can't be that evil, or can they be? :)
Prolly we will find more things soon.

So I'm not happy with this patch at all. But at least, the new graphics is cool - too bad it increase lag further :)


17 comments:

  1. It does seem like they nerfed the crit rate. I wouldn't have expected to notice with 30k crit or 32k after the astral, but something clearly changed. However, it seems like this happens to me after every patch. It makes me think there some sort of pseudo random number generate used to generate the crit rate that gets reset after a patch and whatever seed they use starts the generator in a place that makes it look like the crit rate was reduce temporary. Well see in a few days I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice crit rate! Can you do me a favor please, just if you have time. During a WB run, please note down how many times you crit, and how many times you don't. Do the same in Sacred temple. After that, remove like 15k crit, and do the same. I'm really curious about the result,

      Delete
  2. I had the exact same feeling from this patch aswell... trust me when you reach level 18 of purgatory you will be even more disappointing, that thing was put there for you to fail... it hit me for 1 mil damage even before enraging :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! So maybe we need to build separate resist (via dimension) for each boss from lvl 18? If resist matters there at all. Will do that when the reward is worthy (prolly never)..

      Delete
    2. yeah i guess thats the idea... he(it) was fire and when i upped my fire resistance a bit he was hitting me way easier (still in range of 1 million though) so i completely agree dimension is probably the only way to do it... not doing fire dimensions at this time and not planing to (due to the very shitty rewards) so cant test it in the near future

      Delete
    3. Tried that boss, he hit me for 787k after I used guard rune :)

      Delete
  3. Sure, but I am an archer so the number might be skewed given that my skills have different crit rates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but it can help you to see if you really need so high crit. Now I did a test on WB, it seems crit is not nerfed, my crit was as good as ever (I have only 12k crit, and crit 80% of the time).

      Delete
  4. They are really making it hard to keep playing this game. Before it was a fun escape, now, it's just a time consuming addition to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's my opinion on the new patch.

    Purg maze - Scam and useless. The prerequisite is passing class advancement, but they drop lvl 70/80 leg stones. Top player on my server, almost 800k br, winner of cw got stuck on lvl 18. I'm skipping this entirely

    Second sylph Evo - Another scam and lure for heavy casher. Recharge $1000 for a few BR increase on a sylph. I've noticed that they've been having a ton more recharge events. It's an easier action to recharge because people think they still have the money in their account, they haven't spent it yet. The truth is, they've already spent all $1000 of real that money. R2 already got it. Even at that cost, I saw at least 3 people with new sylph in bg the first day of the recharge event. I'm going to wait to see if there are cheaper alternatives.

    Guild beast - I actually like this event. I agree that the game requires more and more time and has more things to do, which is bad. But that's a different discussion. I like Guild Beast. Along with advance guild skill, advance guild shops, it will help build a stronger char for everyone, casher and non-casher alike. I rank 4-10 in guild beast so I don't benefit much from it. But I appreciate the stronger players because they help kill the boss faster. I've heard that smaller guild spent the entire 30 mins but didn't even kill the boss.

    Advance talents - Just another way for us to use exp. Has marginal benefit. Only 1 talent is good for me: the slow on thunderer.

    Advance crit astral - Well, now that everyone is crit build, they need a way to balance it out. So they make it less beneficial to be crit build by:
    1 - nerfing crit
    2 - crit build requires 2 more astrals than will destroyer (crit, advance crit, and determination) will destroyer only requires one.
    If you want to go offense, you have to do crit build. The game makes it that you have to kill fast before any monster puts on the 1000% atk buff. So defense is useless. Unless they come out with a new astral that increase my defense by 1000%, I'm still going crit build. :)

    Looking forward to your new analysis on crit. How much crit do I need?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I wrote above, my test shows crit wasn't nerfed. So you don't need more crit than before. I have a hades (which is a pretty sucky damage dealer compared to hercules) and still I'm first in all WB with only 12k crit. I wouldn't use both crit astrals, I would use only the new one.

      Yes guild beast looks fun too, but it has many problems. The reward is very small (takes centuries to get anything), it rewards much better top toons in guild, and it's very laggy.

      Delete
  7. Seems like I had good run tonight. I'll collect some more data, but this what I got on WB tonight.

    87 Crits out of 109 hits with 32.5k Crit. 80% ish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Please check it in GB as well, avg crit is lower vs players.

      Delete
  8. Ill get some data from temple in the next few days but here is another wb...I will lower my crit to 15k and get more data, but this is still at 32.5K

    70/91 75% ish ....I am thinking it might max at 80%

    I feel like I am criting more now that I am paying attention...lol whatever works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fire Temple: 32.5k Crit

    Crit/Total
    50/53

    Not a great sample size...ill get more data as I can. Also, it is hard for me to tell how to count Lunatic Fire. I can't really see when it misses and I am not 100% sure how many times it hits something. I just counted it as 1 in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't really check in GB cause all of our GBs are over in 3 mins. No one really shows up on the other side.

    ReplyDelete