2015/11/20

Balen magic

The strongest magic in Balenor is the balen magic. Today I would like to share some thoughts about recharging and spending.

Right from the start, I summoned the aid of mathematics to optimize my gameplay. Both in helping to make gaming decisions, and to choose how to spend my very limited balens. When I saw many people around me literally waste balens, I decided to make this blog, hoping to help.

The 2 basics were always the same:
1.) Whenever you spend balens, make sure you get the maximum possible BR for it. 
2.) Be patient. The more you wait, the better rewards you get for the same balens.

Get the most BR for your balens
When I started this blog, I made an article about the general value of items. My suggestion was that do not pay more than 10 balens for +1 BR. This has inflated a lot, now +1 BR worth 2 balens at most. (And yeah, I should update this article). This is not because items got cheaper - actually, new stuff is more and more expensive. But now, whenever you spend, you get 3 spender packs. And also now you got a lot of multiplier to the BR you gain: like wing, eudaemon etc. So whether you should buy or not, is not really dependent on what you buy, but what are the actual bonuses. Some spender rewards really suck:
As you see, all items in this list are completely and utterly useless, except for the chest. But spending 2000 balen to get 270 balen value is very bad. Or look at this one:
Completely useless as well. Whoever spends balens, have eudaemon and mount refining maxed out a thousand years ago, and we get too many of these items for free anyway. Usually only the third "consumer" pack has useful items only, but the one active right not doesn't worth a cent:
I told you that earlier I was spending an average of 150 USD per month, but lately, my financials are not so great, and also, I have little motivation to spend anyway. There are so many nerfs lately, and so many people quitting, you never know if the game will be around in 6 months. Right now, I recommend spending only in a very special case:
1.) Spender pack includes adv. mahra and sepulcrum - these items are still rare and badly needed.
2.) "Gift pack" is active, where you get coupons for your purchase.
3.) You are in a very bad need of event chests, ie. to get the mount or finish cloth set.
In this case, you can grab a 2k coupon from your mail, buy 129 chests for 3k balens, get back the coupon, and claim the 2k balen rewards. If needed, you can repeat this for a second pack (and claim rewards for up to 5k), or even 3 times (and buy lord of time/power of healing to round it up to 10k rewards).
In the past 6 months, I did not see any other reason to spend balens. Some people are still buying adv. sepu and mahra, but I bet these items will be inflated eventually like mahra, vulcans etc.

Be patient
Recharge packs are bigger and bigger every time. Just look at this:
Tenacity mark, cloth shard, divinity soul - this pack contains tons of useful items, unlike the spender packs. There is a good reason for this: They must motivate people to recharge at all cost. Once you have the balen, you will spend it anyway, so no need to give good bonus there. 
Sometimes you get this recharge pack, the big recharge packs, and the 1:1 bound balen for your balens recharge as well. 
When you think, wee, these offers are awesome, consider 2 things:
1.) Do you really need those balens? If you recharged earlier and still got balens, spend those first (and better spend slow, only in optimal cases). The longer you wait, the better packs will come.
2.) Christmas is soon. Every Christmas, they have really awesome deals. My guess is a recharge event including even a Loki seal. So wait for that, and then test your willpower if you can resist even those.

I remember I was fool enough to do the big recharge back in February. They gave a ton of resist crystals, moon rock/dust/divinity stones, and also as a secondary bonus truckload of mahra and glint/moonlight and some other stuff. Since that, ALL of these items are completely obsolete, they don't worth a cent. And although I did only an occassional 5 x 5 consecutive since that, I still have 30% of the balens I recharged. If I recharged only small amounts, more often, I could have gotten much better deals.

Some people suggest on the forum that people should stop recharging, to force Wartune to fix problems. I suggest something better. Recharge only when you are happy with the game, and when you got a deal which is really awesome, much better than the ones you get daily.


2 comments:

  1. About that last part.

    It's not like in a store, they buy in something for 1 dollar, sell it for 3 dollars, have special deals at 2 dollars, and at xmas for 1.20 or something. These items are basicly all net gain. Meaning for them it doesn't matter really what you get for your balens except for how much they can milk you.
    So they have 2 options, either fix the issue in the game, and make people happy and recharging. Or they can continue making better and better deals to ignore the real problem. Or am I totally wrong?

    I think they will follow the plan that they will make deals bigger and better and ignore the core issue, and slowly kill the game cause free players won't see an improvement. light cashers might see a small improvement, while the medium will see a slightly better improve etc etc etc. My point being, in the future, how much you spend will determine how much better the game gets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think anyone who still plays, enjoys the game to some extent. You wouldnt do something every day for several hours which you hate. If that is the case, you quit. So people who still play, enjoy at least some parts of the game. If R2Games says tomorrow, big sale, loki seal for 50 USD, these players will buy it, even if there was a big agreement on the forum no recharge until problems got fixed. So I don't say,dont strike - I just say, it wouldnt work. Exactly for what you said: because they can, and will reduce prices, increase gift packs to get more income, because it cost them nothing. Yes, if they were smart, they would fix the problems instead.

      Delete