2016/02/10

Wartune character overview

This is something I promised earlier, an overview of my Wartune character, Fairlight. I play the game since 3 years, and I play it a lot daily, usually 4+ hours. Also I spent a significant amount of money on balens, 100-150 USD a month, sometimes even more, way too much for a game. I also tried to optimize my play whenever possible, both optimizing spendings (to get the most BR for my balens) and other strategies (like accumulating resources and trying to use them in the best moment, choosing the best rewards when multiple choices etc). 

I was drawn into the game by a friend of mine, who spent like 200 USD in total. He said, "I just want to spend an amount I won't regret when I stop." He stopped long ago, then restarted some month later on a new server, completely free. He was a top player even so, until a merge happened, when he stopped finally. I never forget another thing he said, actually the first thing he said about Wartune. "This game is really weird, you can spend ANY amount of money on it." Which would have chased away me at the start, but it didn't - actually, I thought it would be a real challenge to compete with heavy cashers.

With my character, I was in top most of the time. Not 1st always, but in top3. There is an amount of money you can't counter with skills and time invested. After each merge, we got a bigger spender, but each time I was always able to catch up with him, slowly. The game is all about patience, and I envy those who spend only 10-20 USD a month, or even nothing, and can find the fun. I always used to say, if you don't spend anything, you will be just a punchbag, and wish for things all the time you can never get. Also, I think it is okay to spend on a hobby, which is fun for you, and you spend a lot of time on it each day. The amount you can spend on this game should be something you can afford, and something you are not ashamed to admit to your friends and family :)

Character stats
When building my character, I always prioritized ATK. Thats the first thing to be maxed for holy forge and stables, and thats the stat which I always pump with at least an MATK scroll, using my never-ending stockpile of crypt tokens. The game is all about damage.

The second highest priority stat for me is defense. Since we reverse-engineered how combat works in Wartune, the reason is obvious. Hit points, it's importance is lesser, although it gives now the highest BR - due to a bug with eudaemon BR calculation (if it is still around). Critics and blocks, I always keep saying the effect of these are capped, and there is no point in improving them beyond a level, because the gain will be only almost invisible. But I also know a lot of people don't believe me. Well, everyone can find the fun in the game his own way, be it colorful mounts, cute clothing or high crit, I will not argue.




Resists
About resists, I have all level 12 gems. I do not believe that there will be a level 12 event ever, and they give too much advantage anyway to wait. I use a mixture of all 6 resists, dark and light prioritized a bit more, since Hecate/Odin is more common as the other sylphs. The stats could be higher if I would bother more about dimensions, but usually I have only 2-4 (one expert and the rest int). Please note that now you can play around with resists to get higher BR - if you have an expert dimension for fire, equip 6 fire resist gems and you will have a lot more BR.

Sylph
As you know, I have the Odin (thx again to those who donated). Took me a lot more time collect than for others, since I get all the materials for free, and saved up adv. mahra and sepu for 8-10 months. But now I have a 4-moon Odin. SA friend asked if I didn't collect the materials in advance, what sylph I would make now. And I answered, Frigga. Odin has some higher stats, but since it was first, people have higher resist against it. Also, I consider the Frigga skills a bit more versatile: aoe heal, aoe awaken drain, and aoe absorb shield, cool stuff, while Odin have only one skill which affects ALL opponents. 

But now I have Odin, and I'm happy with him. I'm already collecting materials to make red equipment when I have finally enough adv. mahra to make my Odin red (still a lot of time).
My current sylph is far the top on our server, also I made the furhest in sylph expedition (boss 47).

Eudaemon
My top eudaemon is an archer, since that was an obvious choice for a mage at start. Leveling up and building war emblem is not a problem for eudaemons, but equipment takes a lot of time, if you don't want to spend balen there. Wind ranger is better now that archer, but I just don't want to build equipment again for it. Too bad you can't switch equipment here like with sylphs. But I don't give so much importance to eudaemons anyway, they are just "chaos rune magnets", often it's  just easier to leave them home.

Mounts
For me, the top priority was always to get as many mounts as I can. This is the thing where I spent balens mostly. Everything else, from soul crystals, sepulcrum, eudaemon items to cloth sets, I never spend balens, because you can get them for free eventually. But the mounts are still mostly casher-only items. And that's why I was a bit sad when I read that with an exploit, some players could get all mounts for free.
Mount whip is one of the very few resources which is designed well. You can get a fair amount, and you can spend an unlimited amount. So ToK is one of the few events still worth grinding daily.
Of course I try to collect cloth as well, especially sets which give title. Fortunately, most of these you can get for free.

Battle Rating
As you can see on the above screenshot, my current battle rating is 6.73M, this is without any buffs, just academy bonus. 

That's it, I guess... about the future: I'm not too optimistic. I decided to stop spending, and I don't think anything will change that. The devs can't fix the cache since a half year, the game keeps reloading everything, it's at the edge of being unplayable. They keep nerfing everything. Just check the late resist crystal event, I couldn't do even two level 11 crystals, using all I collected since last event.
And now they moved all main championship preliminaries to Tuesday - the day, when I can't be in front of the computer. I will not stop, no worries. I keep grinding,  just while I do dimensions, archeology, arena  - but meanwhile, I just play something else on my second monitor, like Doomlord or Hearthstone. I still hope one day they at least turn caching back on, that would help a lot :)

19 comments:

  1. Nice char, very good stats for that BR (less fake BR than most) Any clues how many advance mahra took you to get it to 4 moons, or will take for getting it to red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Actually I can say it quite precisely. 2 star requires 10.000 points, 3 star 13.000 etc. Total of 168.000 until 4 moon. Every 1000 adv mahra you use gives 12000 points. So 14000 adv. mahra in total.

      Delete
  2. THANK YOU!
    Could you explain better yuor view about CRITICS n BLOCK (avoiding deep discussions about classes)?
    What do you believe its the cap?

    I have seen many top players from different servers (i think like your one) having BLOCK gems even if they were Mages, for instance.
    Can you explain that PLEASE??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have written a few articles on the topic earlier, see this one for example:
      http://wartune-balens.blogspot.hu/2014/09/the-truth-about-crit-rate.html
      In short, both critical and block increases the CHANCE for the effect to happen. They do not affect the amount. So when you increase critics and block, you just increase the chance. A chance, which converges to 80% in my experience (but even if it would be 90 or 95%, it would be something limited). So maybe you have 79% chance with a crit of 15000, and 79,5% with 30000... The actual cap might be different, because this is very hard to measure and test, but this is my point. Same is for block.

      Delete
    2. you block as easily as a knight for instance?
      i mean,,,if its a chance,,,then its equal for everyone,,,nope??

      do u believe the same values apply to block?
      if yes then from ur point of view is 1:1 compared to critic?

      Delete
  3. I can't notice that you have relatively low will crystals, like 8-8-8, or even 8-8-7. Why is it so? Too expensive? Mine are 9-9-9 and I was sure - this is not big at all. Our whales have like 11-11-11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, its 9-8-8, but yeah, this is something I never spent money on. But do the math. To upgrade your lvl 8, you need 437.400 will crystals. Right now I earn 3240 per day, but this is unusally high, I have 2 expert and 3 intermediate (not fully explored). So 135 days, 4.5 months to advance one lvl 8 to 9. Maybe your server had some event where they give out a large number of will crystals as rewards. On R2 server, there was no event ever which awarded them. So the only way is to grind dimensions - or spend a large amount of bound balens in wild shop. I never had much bb before, I just have a lot now that I bought Odin, some 100k. But at this level will crystal is just too expensive, prolly better to save it up for new talents.

      Delete
    2. If you remember, I play russian wartune, so, it is a bit different.
      First, our resist system is bugged. It is still old one, but that is not the point. Resistance percentage counts twice (multiplicative!). This is tested and proved. So, having effective 750 resistance you reduce damage not 10 times but 100 times. And having -166 resistance you get not 20% more, but 44% more. So, good will is very important.
      Second, we had several spender events with 3-4-5-6-7-8-9 will crystal in rewards (you have to spend same amount as for sylph merge).
      Third, we had huge amount of mines in dimensions (I'm sure it will be nerfed soon). I have BB for 40 lvl 6 will crystals form wilds' shop.
      Fourth, we recently had crystal synth event which gave us will crystals. For making 3 lvl 10 you got lvl 8 will crystal, lvl 9 and lvl 8 resist.
      So, even our moderate players now have like 8-8-8 will crystals now.

      Delete
    3. Ah okay, that explains then! We are handled more poorly :(

      Delete
  4. I'm order to have all 9s at this point, you would have had to spend somewhere between 600000-900000 bb in the mystery shop on will crystals and have been running at least 2 expert + 3 advance dims. Maybe that's a little high, but that's a decent investment in time and money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that can be correct. Also I'm pretty sure with their random method, they couldn't remove all exploited gems, smarter ppl hid in their mailbox the extra earnings while the storm has passed. So if you see someone with 11-11-11 or something, you never know if he sold his house, or was just lucky with the treasure inventory bug... This is actually a big problem with these major exploits. Recently someone see me in BG, and say, a character with no VIP, and Odin? You must have hacked it... You maybe grind all day and spend a truckload of balens and got high resist reduce - and ppl will think, you exploited.

      Delete
  5. Interesting that you said to your friend that you would get a frigga as your first merged sylph after you mentioned in previous articles telling us that it doesn't do enough damage. Has your opinion changed? And what do you think about getting Thor as your first merged sylph?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was referring to Poseidon, Frigga is an entirely different story. Frigga is a Poseidon and a Medusa, combined together. I had a fully developed, 3 star Hecate since long, and I was still using in arena a blank 1 star Medusa, not fully developed. The reason was simple, a lot less people had wind resist. And Medusa has 3 AOE, including rage still, almost as good as hecate. Now combine Medusa and Poseidon together, that's pretty nasty :)

      Delete
  6. I notice ur critic is only 20k. I heard for a good rate u must have around 20% of atack.

    My toon is around 4.4M br with 2.5M atack and 30k critic

    Now I am seeing ur low critic I wonder if it is better decrease my critic or stay or upgrade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. correction: 250k atack

      Delete
    2. I posted multiple articles about critics. All was based upon a lot of testings, I did hundreds of duels and noted down and posted the results. After that, another blogger (who have quit Wartune since) wrote an article that based on his testings, he figured out that critics must be a % of your attack. He never published any of the data, statistics he collected (if any). If you can't decide who is right, just do your own testings, in 2-3 hours you can get some results already.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Miklós,

    I did 578 attacks between two lvl 80 mages with 18.5k crit, 13.5k block and 55% crit reduction from astrals. From those attacks, 261 were crit+block, 135 were crit, 119 were blocked and 63 were normal. This means that with 18.5k crit I have 68% of getting critical hits, and with 13.5k block I have 66% of getting blocks.

    I plan on doing more groups of 500+ attacks with different values, adding or removing one more crit and block gem each time to see how it affects the percentages. But before that, I'd like to ask you.. do you think these tests are worth doing? are the results accurate this way?

    And if so, does it resemble to your own testings? I know that you've been running 17-18k crit for a while before moving to 20-21k recently, could you please share your more recent data/tests with those values?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Finally someone who is also willing to do some actual testing, welcome to the club :) Sure, it's worth doing, to find the optimal value. You can already see from your tests that the numbers the game say are usually wrong, and crit reduction is not working as it should :) I think the reason for this is either the astral description is out-of-date, or they calculate crit rate first, subtract reducers next, and apply the cap last.
      Testing vs players is the most difficult, because there are a ton of modifiers. I recommend starting the test with something really simple, like world boss. Then with the exact same stats, try do some MPD runs. After that, move to pvp, but fight someone who dont have astral. And finally, try it with astral. After all these, increase crit by 10k, and run the tests again. Crit has a very huge spread, so you need 100+ sample with each environment, takes a lot of time. Good luck!

      Delete