2016/02/19

What do do while playing Wartune?

Haha, I know the subject is really weird. While you play Wartune, you are supposed to play Wartune, isn't it? Well, the core of the game is a large number of repetitive daily quests, which you have to do each day. Some of these - including dimensions, archeology, MPD, arena, DI (if you do it) - is just a mindless grind, and you can do something else on your second monitor/computer meanwhile.

Of course the best course is talk to your family, wife, kids etc. meanwhile :) But you can also watch films - think I burned thru a couple of seasons of several series while I did these grinds in the past half year. But lately, I play while I play. 


(That's me on the left)
I was always a fan of "trading card games". Back in the old times, I was national champion from Magic: the gathering, been even twice to Seattle, the world championships. And I am the proud co-designer of a unique trading card game, "Hatalom Kártyái" (Cards of Power), which is more poplular in Hungary than Magic. 
Also, I have big respect for Blizzard as game designing company, so I recently tried their card game, Hearthstone. It's as addictive as other Blizzard games, and it's also as simple (and kind of primitive) like those as well :) Poker is a pure mindgame compared to HS, HS is just like... rolling dice, and whoever rolls higher wins. Still, somehow it is fun (unless I lose :)) so perfectly completed the grinf of dimensions.

So guys, what are you doing while you wait in the Arena for the next opponent? Or grind dimensions, archeology etc? Or it's just I'm just hyperactive that I need to do something else meanwhile?

I know some of you expected a more scientific blog entry from me, but honestly, lately really nothing is happening in the game :( the events are very repetitive, and constantly nerfed, hard to analyze chests / rewards because it's the exact copy of the previous ones. Also, I am going for holidays tomorrow morning for a week, so not only I can't post another entry meanwhile, I will have only very limited internet access. And as Wartune is now (each time you log in, it downloads the complete game) prolly I can't play much either :( I wish you good, prosperous events while I'm back! And may Odin help you to resist the urge to recharge :)

9 comments:

  1. I watch mostly anime (Full metal panic, Ghost in the shell, gate, and many more) also play Vagrant Story in emulator, realy love that game. And watch over and over "Yes Minister/ Yes Prime Minister" best comedy ever (for me anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love MTG, too bad no one to play it with haha.

      Delete
  2. Only lately wartune introduced an obtainable mount with 1k cupids via exchange.
    Still not bad, but that is all as to changes done in wartune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I play hearthstone too on the other screen...
    If not NBA highlights, if not random Facebook / Anime / Movie.
    Wartune is getting more boring with each passing day :)

    - Jace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the cupid mount was for everyone: too bad it didnt give title (which is responsible for most of the BR you gain from mount).

    So looks like I'm not the only one who does something else while dim / archeology etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, do u think this event cycle is better to open boxes or exchange for clothing set. I am not sure what to do because they don't make all clothing sets available for exchange. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this event with the nurse set realy was bad, 7 days and at most u could get like 200 chest. (with the remove of unlimited rewards doing eudo gems was realy hard). Hope the next event to come gets better.

      Delete
    2. Hi, open boxes is never a good idea. You can't get the wing from the boxes, so you need to exchange for that. If you had less than 210 box originally, there is a very slim chance that you will get 3 different cloth from the rest. And of the cloth set, the only useful thing is the title. If you don't have a full set, its crap. I could get 258 box from this event, without spending any balen, so I hope all can get at least 210. If you couldn't, consider going for gift of gods instead. So far, every cloth set was available for exchange, just with a delay.

      Delete